Welcome to Nana's porch.

Pull up a rocker, grab you a cup of coffee, tea, soda, or beaverage of your choice. Lets relax and talk family.

About Me

My photo
I am a nana, ( just in case it wasnt plain) I am married to a wonderful God fearing man. I have 3 of the greatest, talented,loving daughters. 3 Of the sweetest, loving, wonderful granddaughters. Charity Hope is the newest to the family. I love the Lord, ride with the Christian Motorcyclist Association,I love my family ( hate not seeing them more) but I love them more then they will ever know.

Me And My Hubby

Me And My Hubby
OOHH How sweet!

Thursday, May 28, 2009

My Girls

I will try to get on a scheduele with these. Just starting out and it is all new. Anyway back to memories about my girls.

Jess ( Jessica) she was the second one to come along. A momma and daddy's girl. She loves her momma, but when daddy got home that was it. Her daddy hanges the moon. I remember, well let me tell you this, my babbies were breastfed. One stayed with it longer that then other two. Yep, you guessed it my Jess. Family would tell me you really need to ween her. I wasnt ready, it was our bonding time. They had started when she turned a year old. Well, by the time she was 14 months old I decided, OK I am ready! What brought me to this? By this time she had teeth, and she knew how to use them. If you every noticed, babies will take the nipple of their bottle between their teeth bite down and snatch backward. Oh yea, she did! Milk and blood shot out, yes I said ouch. And when I did I looked down at her and she had turned loose and was laughing. I couldn't really be mad at her, so I just said, " OK, little lady that's it you will be weened this week."
She just smiled at me like right mommy we will see. It took a little longer then the week I had promised. And trying all different ways I could think of, I found something that worked. I took the lemonade Koolaide ( no sugar added) and rubbed it on there good. When she started to nurse it was very unpleasant to her. She would turn loose and shake her head while looking at me like, Mommy the milk went bad. A couple days of this and she was finished. This may have not been the ideal way of doing it, but she stopped. It wasn't anything that would hurt her she just found it unpleasant. One thing I will have to say though, to this very day she loves lemons. Go figure!

1 comment:

mary said...

HaHaHeHe... I remember that!!
Oh, and by the way, I thought you were looking good! I told DD that it looked like you had lost even more weight! See ya tomorrow!